IN THIS ISSUE:
- MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN
- 2017 ELECTIONS
- NEW BOARD MEMBERS
- SHADOW A BOARD MEMBER
- REGISTRATION REMINDERS
- Web Site
- Happy new year FBRA members! I hope you are making plans for the 45th annual Fort Bridger Rendezvous. It should be exciting! You can look forward to the re-introduction of activities and contest. After taking a break from historical lectures they will be back this year. Also there will be a contest for the most primitive camp. If all goes as planned we should have bag pipers this year.
This year we will introduce a plan where those who are interest can shadow a Board Member. I will share more about the idea in section D of this newsletter. Bob Christensen, this year’s Booshway is very excited for this year’s Rendezvous. It should be a grand time.
- Elections were held at the November board meeting. Robert Leland, Mica Stark and Susan Bridge were not re-elected to the board. I would like to thanks these great friends for their dedication and willingness to help in many situations. We will miss their hard work and look forward to seeing them at the Rendezvous. Ralph Mair, Dottie Shell and Darin Peck were elected to fill open board positions.
- New Board members welcome.
My name is Dottie Shell! I live in the Salt Lake Valley. Fort Bridger Rendezvous has been a tradition my family has enjoyed since before I can remember. I also enjoy camping and fishing. I love this Rendezvous and am so excited to be helping out on the board!!
Darin Peck was raised in Utah County and now lives in West Jordan, UT with his family. He is married to his best friend, Tyanne and is dad to 3 children, Kasey, Christian and Addyson.
Darin works as a salesman for Meadow Gold Dairy in Salt Lake City, UT.
Darin loves everything that has to do with the outdoors…camping, hunting, jeeping, boating, fishing and just exploring. He loves spending his time in the outdoors with family and friends making many memories.
Darin ventured out one year about 8 years ago to explore the Fort Bridger Mountain Man Rendezvous, he had such a great time that he has made it his Labor Day Weekend trip with his family and friends ever since.
He enjoys attending and seeing of the trades while visiting and meeting new people and is looking forward to a great year working on the Board with fantastic individuals.
Looking forward to seeing you all at Rendezvous
- Shadow a board member. Have you ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes? Just what does it take to put on a rendezvous of this size? Now here is your chance to have these questions answered. The board of directors would like to mentor those who are interested. Example: For years the same kids come to the kid’s trader blanket. (I have watched as they have grown up) Now they are 18 or 19, but they are too old to participate. Not So! They can participate by volunteering and assisting with the next generation. Maybe there is someone who has won the clothing contest for years and would like to be one of the judges. Those who are interested should let a board member know and sign up. More details to follow.
- Reminder!! Camper registrations are due by March 1st. Trader applications are due Jan 1st. Trader applications after January 1st will be assigned by a first come basis. Remember it is an APPLICATION.
Trade spots are assigned in mid-February and confirmations are mailed after that. There are no refunds after August 1st.
- Check out our web site we have added a new Tab (Booshway’s Corner)
Bob will be adding his thoughts each month.